[Bristol-Birds] Re: Pipestem State Resort, WV

  • From: Anita Huffman <housewren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leelaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 17:29:05 -0400

Congratulations on the life yellow-billed cuckoo!!
Anita Huffman

On 09/29/2012 05:18 PM, Ron/Gail Williams wrote:
Spent a couple of days of staying at the lower lodge and enjoying the
great park hiking, golfing and just relaxing while watching the
Bluestone River roll by. One of my favorite places to go to unwind.
Notable :
Warblers: Black-throated green, Tennessee
Wood Pewee- several, white breasted nuthatch
Oven bird
Yellow billed cuckoo 3 and two calling in distance but not seen ( first
for me, made the trip!)
Turkeys
Fox
fox squirrels
deer
The naturalist asked that I give Wallace a big hello. So, Wallace- hello
from Mr. Phillips (?) Very nice man - he helped me ID the warblers.
Gail

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsite=706&PHPSESSID=b2eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

http://bristolbirdclub.org

Bristol Bird Club to facilitate communications between birders and bird clubs of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee. --------------------------------------------------