[Bristol-Birds] Photos from SC trip

  • From: Lisa Tyler <lisatyler1961@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Bird Club <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 22:20:17 -0400

Hi all,

I took a few people & gator shots yesterday, and trust that Jean, Kathy and
others will post some of their great bird shots.

Some personal favorite moments are:

1.  Discovering THE most gorgeous (still unidentified) moth at Hampton
Plantation State Park while rain dripped down our noses.

2.  Watching 500+ chimney swifts swirl into a vortex and disappear into their
chimney precisely at 7 pm -  just as Brookie had predicted!

3.  Sighting my first Red-cockaded woodpeckers and Brown-headed nuthatches in
neighboring trees on Santee Gun Club Road on the way into the Santee Coastal
Reserve.

4.  Holding my breath while a mature Bald eagle soared over the lake at Santee
Coastal Reserve with a background of brilliant blue skies.

5.  Sharing excellent meals, stories and friendship with the best of folks.

Many thanks to Joe McG for coordinating the trip and itinerary.  It was an
excellent adventure!

Lisa Tyler
Elizabethton, TN