[Bristol-Birds] Philadelphia Vireo - Blackburnian Warbler - Buchanan County

  • From: "Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 00:32:16 -0400

Area Birders,
My wife and I were gone most of the day yesterday, 10/04 and arrived home about
a half hour or so before sunset. Soon after we got inside I looked out at our
pond stream and saw that along with 3 EASTERN BLUEBIRDS and 2 SCARLET TANAGERS
was a brightly colored male BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER bathing. In the birch tree
near the pond was a PHILADELPHIA VIREO, the second one I have had here in the
yard this fall.

Enjoy the birds,

Roger Mayhorn
Compton Mt (near) Grundy