[Bristol-Birds] Partial albino red tailed hawk

  • From: "Susan Hubley" <shubley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:10:04 -0400

This raptor was seen on Sunday, July 10, along Fordtown Road, off Ft. Henry
Drive in Colonial Heights, next to the Slaughter Farm. A teaching colleague
forwarded the attached photos to me for identification. (Thank you Wallace, for
help with ID). It was reported to me that couple spotted hawk trying to lift a
skunk off the road - couple spooked hawk, it landed in tree, and stayed for
photos. If only I had seen the bird!

Susan Hubley
Rogersville, TN