[Bristol-Birds] Park Records at Steele Creek Park

  • From: Wallace Coffey <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1-A Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:15:45 -0300

Area Birders:

On Saturday, during the Wildlife Weekend at Steele Creek Park Nature Center
in Bristol, Tennessee, two new species were added to the park bird record list.

Richard Lewis and Larry McDaniel and I heard a Sedge Wren in the grassland
habitat.  It had been heard late Friday evening by Richard.   Larry and Tom
McNeil flushed the Sedge Wren and it flew into a mist net and was captured.
Lewis banded the bird and we got photographs.

Also, Richard captured and banded a Lincoln's Sparrow at the same location
for a second park record.

I don't know what all was captured during the day because Richard left
before I could get back to him.  I know he had taken a few Swamp Sparrows.

It was a very good day at the Wildlife Weekend.  Mike Pelton's Black Bear
program was fantastic.

Take care.

Let's go birding...