[Bristol-Birds] No Sabine's and Black Terns

  • From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 22:39:16 EDT

8 SEP 03
S. Holston Lake
Sullivan Co., TN
The sign-in sheet at Musick's Lakeside Campground was active at S. Holston
Lake today, yet void of any Sabine's Gull sightings. The juvenile Sabine's seen
yesterday must have been a one day wonder. The Mayhorns of Grundy, VA began
the vigil at sunrise this morning and I was the sole birder at sunset with
several others checking in between throughout the day.
I was able to pick up first of fall Black Terns for my year list of Northeast
Tennessee when four 4 were spotted at S. Holston Dam.

'Til we bird again

Rack Cross
Blountville, TN