[Bristol-Birds] New Yard Bird - Golden Eagle

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 08:34:58 -0800 (PST)

This morning as Laverne and I were walking our Yellow
Labrador, Sandi, we saw a sub-adult Golden Eagle
(Basic III).
As we were walking up the ridge behind us, I glanced
back at the house and saw a large dark bird circling
over our yard. It worked it's way at tree top level to
the top of the ridge. It circled directly above us and
then moved on to the farm fields in the next valley.
I have seen Golden Eagles from our front porch but
they were always little specks in the distance on Rich
Mountain or Bear Town.
This was guite an exciting morning walk.

Tom & Laverne Hunter

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
and Northeast Tennessee.