[Bristol-Birds] Re: New Butterfly Club

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Allan Trently <ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Allen Boynton <allenboynton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Anna Hess <anna@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <bebirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bill Grigsby <jnbgrigsby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Butternuts <butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dick Peake <rpeake1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Don Carrier <donc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Elliot <doug@xxxxxxxx>, Doug Ogle <dougogle@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Feierabend Robin <feierabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Fleenor Jane <janef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gabrielle Zeiger <grimbobbles@xxxxxxxxx>, Guy Mauldin <maulding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jean Alexander <jjadmj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jennifer Bauer <highlandlady@xxxxxxxx>, Jerry Greer <jdgfoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Karen Quesenberry <kayqueue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ken Turner <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kevin Elam <kevinelam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Larry Lynch <birder6@xxxxxxxx>, Louise Tilson <lhtilson@xxxxxxx>, Natural Tunnell <ntinterpreter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Moyer <ramoyer@xxxxxxxx>, Tommy Cox <tomkarma@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Victoria Hanson <vhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "William Charles" <williamcharles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:35:25 -0500

The date for the Butterfly Seminar at Steele Creek Park has been changed to May
24, 2008. More details will be posted later.

Larry McDaniel

From: larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx;
allenboynton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; anna@xxxxxxxxxxx; bebirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
jnbgrigsby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; rpeake1@xxxxxxxxxxx; donc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
doug@xxxxxxxx; dougogle@xxxxxxxxxxx; feierabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
janef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; grimbobbles@xxxxxxxxx; maulding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
jjadmj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; highlandlady@xxxxxxxx; jdgfoto@xxxxxxxxxxx;
kayqueue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; kevinelam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
birder6@xxxxxxxx; lhtilson@xxxxxxx; ntinterpreter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
ramoyer@xxxxxxxx; tomkarma@xxxxxxxxxxx; vhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
williamcharles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 09:56:36 -0800

A small group of people held a Butterfly Club Organizational Meeting on January
6, 2008, at Steele Creek Park in Bristol, TN to discuss ideas on the formation
of a new butterfly club in the area. We want there to be a club that has
fieldtrips, programs and occasional meetings. We chose to name it the Mountain
Empire Butterfly Club. We wont be limited to butterflies. Moths, dragonflies,
damselflies and whatever are of interest. A set of officers are in place and we
are now recruiting members. At this time there are no membership dues. This
club could go in a number of directions. One possibility is it becomming a
chapter of national organizations.   We have already scheduled a Butterfly
Seminar at Steele Creek Park on May 17, 2008. It will include programs, a field
trip, refreshments and an oppotunity to meet other enthusiast. We also intend
to have independant fieldtrips, fieldtrips at established events, a photography
workshop and participation in area butterfly counts. I will create a group
e-mail list to include anyone wishing to be on it. It's purpose will be to keep
people informed of developments and upcomming events. We have agreed to use the
Butternut list serve as a means to report sightings for the time being. If you
would like a more detailed summary of the Butterfly Club Organiztional Meeting
that was just held I will be happy to send you a copy. If you would like to be
on the group list of contacts mentioned above just let me know. Larry
McDaniel(423) 773-9234

Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live. Start sharing!
Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging.  You IM, we give.