[Bristol-Birds] Nesting Yellow-crowned Night Herons in Bristol, TN

  • From: "Jeremy Stout" <tnnaturalist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 14:26:20 -0400

Today (4/2/07), I received a call from a landowner in downtown Bristol,
Tennessee describing a pair of Yellow-crowned Night Herons in an oak tree on
his property.  A follow-up to the site did indeed reveal a pair sitting on,
and adding to, a nest.  This has special significance because, per Wallace
Coffey, this is only the second nest recorded in the Beaver Creek Water
shed, ever.

The landowner has been gracious enough to allow interested parties to view
the birds with prior notification.  You can reply directly to me at this
address, or to jstout@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for his contact information.

--
Jeremy B. Stout
"At present, I am a sojourner in civilised life again."