[Bristol-Birds] NE TN Owl Prowl (Elizabethton TOS)

  • From: "Thomas McNeil" <tsmcneil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 10:45:23 -0400

Date:  Tonight!  - April 08, 2006

Subject:  Northeast Tennessee Owl Prowl

Participants:  Anyone!

Sponsored By:  The Lee and Lois Herndon Chapter of the Tennessee
Ornithological Society

Meeting Time:  5:00pm - Outside the Theater on the Mountain Home (Veteran's
Administration) Campus in Johnson City, TN

Alternate Meeting Time:  6:00pm - At Arby's (for dinner) on Highway 19E in
Elizabethton, TN

Contact (More Information):  Don Holt (423-914-5862)

Our plans are to meet at the Theater on the VA Campus to first look for the
resident Barn Owls.  We will proceed from this point to Arby's in
Elizabethton for dinner.  Following dinner, we will make a trek to Roan
Mountain, TN.  We will make several stops along the way to listen for owls
(and other birds/critters).  Our final destination will be Carvers Gap (on
Roan Mountain), where we hope to hear (and maybe even see) Northern
Saw-whet Owls.

Remember, it will probably be quite cool (some of you would say "cold") on
the Roan.  So be prepared to add layers as we ascend.  Flashlights could be
handy also.

Hope to see you there!

Thomas S. McNeil
Elizabethton, TN