[Bristol-Birds] Musick's, Paddle Creek, and Saltville on November 14th 2014

  • From: Adam Alley <dgh3tt013@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BBlisting <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 08:40:37 -0500

Stopped by Musick's hoping the cold had brought some stuff in. There was a
very large raft of birds, too far for me to get a good look, even with
scope. Afterwards I checked Paddle Creek and then down to Saltville to
check the ponds there.

Musick's, Sullivan County

Common Loon        1
Killdeer                    2
Pied-bill Grebe        8
Bonaparte's Gull      3
Great Blue Heron     2
American Coot         40+

Paddle Creek, Sullivan County

Northern Harrier        2
Green Winged Teal    1

There was also what looked like a Yellowlegs that I briefly got a look at.
I had seen a Greater there last Wednesday and it may well have been the
same one.

Saltville, Smyth County

Northern Shoveler     1
Gadwall                      10+
Pied-bill Grebe            3

There were also a few A.Coots mixed in with a large group of Canada Geese
and Mallards.

--
*Adam Alley*
*Abingdon, VA*