[Bristol-Birds] Murder and Majesty?

  • From: Bill Cawood <b_cawood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:13:23 -0800 (PST)

This morning (Saturday December 10) while  returning to Powell Valley from an
errand in Norton, I was witness to  an enormous winter murder of crows at
Little Stone Gap near the PV  overlook.  The groups easily contained hundreds
of crows.

  Later on a mistletoe search near Olinger VA, I was almost flattened by  a
towhee that I surprised.  The little guy (Male) flew out of a  frosted
multiflora rose and right into my head...

  Returning home on the new stretch of 58 I saw a large red tailed hawk at the
top of a snag by the roadside looking regal.

  Bill Cawood, Big Stone Gap VA