[Bristol-Birds] More on Previous White Ibis sightings

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:13:29 -0400

I dug a little deeper into the White Ibises sighted in 2000 in Carter County,
TN.

There were 9 individual in the ibis flock. The first "birder" to see them was
Frank Ward of Elizabethton, TN, after the family who owns the farm where they
were seen reported them to him.

The sightings took place in late June, not July like I reported in the previous
post.

The flock lingered long enough to be included in the summer bird count on June
24, 2000, conducted by the Lee and Lois Herndon Chapter of TOS.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN