[Bristol-Birds] Mixed flock with warblers, Hampton, TN

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:26:14 -0400

 Before leaving for work, I noticed a great deal of bird activity in a Mimosa
tree near my house. As I watched, activity spilled over into nearby willows and
wild cherry trees.

I observed several Chestnut-sided Warblers, a couple of Black-throated Greens,
a female Black-throated Blue, a Worm-eating Warbler and a male Blackburnian
Warbler.

In addition, the mix of birds included Carolina Chickadees, Carolina Wrens,
Song Sparrows, Tufted Titmice, Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, a Gray Catbird and
Red-eyed Vireo.

I've been seeing Black-throated Green Warblers almost daily for about a week,
but this was the first mixed species flock I have encountered for the "fall"
migration.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN