[Bristol-Birds] Missing at feeder

  • From: John Whinery <foshildgc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 06:25:08 -0800 (PST)

Titmice have been one of the most common birds around my feeder for years until
this season. Definitely in the top 5.  I'm feeding black oil sunflower and a
couple of suet cakes ... same food in the same locations as previous years.
Using a different larger heavy duty feeder though.

This year they are absent.
Still seeing Gold Finch, White Breasted Nut Hatch, Downy & Red Bellied
Woodpeckers, fewer than usual Chickadee, dark eyed Junco when there is snow,
Finch (house or purple?) and a few sparrows.

Seed usage is down, I'm still on my first 40# bag, usually would have bought my
second by now.

Anyone else having a species drop off?

John W.
Fall Branch area