[Bristol-Birds] Migration evidence, Hampton, TN

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 12:20:16 -0400 (EDT)

I had a very good evening of watching birds in the yard on Wednesday (Aug. 21)
evening. It actually felt more like September than mid-August. The parade
started with three Red-eyed Vireos, two immature Rose-breasted Grosbeaks eating
the fruit of a hawthorne tree, Cedar Waxwings feeding on  wild cherries, Brown
Thrashers, Gray Catbirds, dueling Ruby-throated Hummingbirds and, at the
feeders, Tufted Titmice, American Goldfinches, Song Sparrows, Carolina
Chickadees, White-breasted Nuthatches and Downy Woodpecker. I also added two
species of warblers (female American Redstart and immature Chestnut-sided
Warbler) to bring the fall migration for warblers to a total of 7 species so
far. I also had American Crows and a calling Pileated Woodpecker.

This morning before leaving for work, I added Eastern Phoebe, House Finch and
Carolina Wren.

And, in a belated report, I had my first Common Nighthawks (4) of the migration
season on Tuesday, Aug. 20, as well as one Broad-winged Hawk.

Bryan Stevens
Hampton, TN