[Bristol-Birds] Mendota Hawk Watch Help Wanted

  • From: RonEHarrin@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, shopp@xxxxxxx, wesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rwsandmss@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:43:59 EDT

Hi Folks:

Looks like this weekend will be a good time for hawk watching. There should
be good numbers as this cold front moves out. Unfortunately, our compiler for
the weekend will not be able to make it. So, if you go up and no one else is
keeping a count, please do so and send me the results. I will be back on duty
Monday, September 19 and will be keeping the count for the rest of the week.

And don't forget the Mendota Hawk Festival coming up next Saturday, September
24. Come early for a good country breakfast and enjoy the music, displays,
and other events. Lunch will also be available. The BBC will be participating
in
a program on the hawk migration around 11:00 a.m. in the main tent. The Hawk
Festival is held at the Mendota Community Center (Old Elementary School).

More details later this week! Thanks for your help!

Ron Harrington
Bristol, VA