[Bristol-Birds] Mendota Hawk Watch - 9-12-2010

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 19:10:20 -0700 (PDT)

We had a pretty good day at the tower today with 5 Osprey, 5 Bald Eagles and
149 Broad-winged Hawks leading the way. Many thanks to those who helped today.
We did have a bit of a problem. The neice of the owner of the property came up
to the tower and told me that the property would likely be posted in the near
future and that anyone accessing the property would have to have written
permission. I asked if we still had permission to conduct the watch and she
said yes. She also stated that she did not want anyone on top of the building
because it was too dangerous. If anyone goes up to the tower to hawkwatch
please do not climb on the building or the tower. I will keep you informed of
further developments.

Tom

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club