[Bristol-Birds] Mendota Hawk Report 9-28-16(Preliminary)

  • From: RonEHarrin <RonEHarrin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Bird Network <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Birding Kingsport <birdingkingsport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Steven Hopp <shopp@xxxxxxx>, Mike Hagy <mlhagy322morning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Randy & Mary Sue Smith <maryran@xxxxxxx>, Marty/Jo Ann Huber/Detta <jomart2u@xxxxxxxxx>, Diane Harris <dmharris@xxxxxxxx>, Betty Edmondson <Betty.Edmondson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Sanders <hawk036@xxxxxxx>, Sam Evans <samevansathome@xxxxxxxxx>, "vicky_frye@xxxxxxxxxxx" <vicky_frye@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ed Morgan <edandhelenmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "petergmorgan@xxxxxxxxx" <petergmorgan@xxxxxxxxx>, Allen Gill <agill010@xxxxxxx>, Judith Wiley <wyliejc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Julie Schwab <jschwab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Shearer <shearer44@xxxxxxxxx>, Betty Edmondson <betty.edmondson7@xxxxxxxxx>, Dennis Sanders <dblcenv@xxxxxxxxxx>, Sam Evans <samevansathome@xxxxxxxxx>, Matt Fleenor <matt3@xxxxxx>, Travis & Whitney Collins <whitdak1011@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:28:25 -0400

Folks:

Having some problems with the Hawkcount.org software and I am waiting on technical assistance. In the meantime, here are the numbers for today:

Broad-winged hawk: 316

Peregrine Falcon: 3

American Bald Eagle: 3

Red-tailed hawk: 8 (These Red-tails definitely appeared to be migrating. Saw two "locals" that did not)

Sharp-shinned hawk: 7

Cooper's hawk: 2

Red-shouldered hawk: 1

Good variety today with a steady stream that kept our interest and attention.

*If you plan to go up tomorrow, please let me know. Mike Sanders will not be there. I have Jennifer Kennedy listed as the Official Counter, but not sure if she will be bringing anyone. Don't want her to be there alone. Matt Fleenor is going up and will be there from 9:00 till around noon. Thanks.*

Ron