[Bristol-Birds] Mendota

  • From: RonEHarrin <RonEHarrin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Bird Network <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 17:11:58 -0400

Sam Evans and I went over to the Mendota Fire Tower yesterday to bring back some of our supplies that we stash up there during the hawk watch. Stayed from 4-5 pm. Beautiful day, great visibility! Saw one Am. Bald Eagle (Adult), one Red-tailed hawk which appeared to be migrating, and one local (immature) bird. Lots of vultures, three Ravens, and a Yellow-billed Cuckoo in a Black Gum tree. The latter gave us some good poses! A life bird for Sam.

Ron Harrington
Bristol, VA

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsite=706&PHPSESSID=b2eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

This is a regional birding list to facilitate communications between birders of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee. --------------------------------------------------

Wallace Coffey, Owner Moderator
jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx