[bristol-birds] Mendota

  • From: "larry mcdaniel" <mcdaniel_1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:37:23 -0500

Thanks Wallace, for the recognition. I would like to point out that there are
several others who are equally dedicated to the watch, and many others, too
many to mention, that also deserve credit and thanks for their consistant
participation. Bob Quillen, Bob Riggs and George Larkins have been leaders at
the sight for years. Thanks.

It was unfortunate that Ron had to leave at 6 PM yesterday. He sensed that more
was ahead. He was right. George and I stayed until 6:45 and tallied an
additional 239 Broad-winged Hawks. 197 of these came in one fantastic kettle at
6:17.

Between Mendota and Hiltons at 7:20 I saw George stopped in the road with his
binoculars up. A beautiful adult Bald Eagle, circling just above the trees,
topped off a most excellent day.

Larry McDaniel
Johnson City, TN

Bird Club, Herndon Chapter TOS, Greeneville TOS
Chapter, Blue Ridge Birders Club, Butternut Nature
Club, Buchanan County Bird Club, Bristol Bird Club,
Clinch Valley Bird Club and Cumberland Nature Club.
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
           (423)764-3958