[Bristol-Birds] May 17: Hawkins County Bird Bonanza

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 09:50:03 EDT

Saturday, May 17 is the date of our great Hawkins County field trip!  We must
know by the evening of Wednesday, May 14 if you plan to participate.  Contact
Susan Hubley by email (shubley@xxxxxxx) or phone 423-921-8545.

Birds seen there since May 1:  Double-crested Cormorant; American Bittern;
Great Blue Heron (with young); Great Egret; Green Heron; Black-crowned
Night-Heron; Blue-winged Teal; Wood Duck (with ducklings); Osprey; Bald Eagle;
Northern
Bobwhite; Common Moorhen; Yellowlegs (sp.); Solitary and Spotted Sandpiper,
Forster's and Caspian Terns; Yellow-billed Cuckoo; Eastern Screech Owl (with
owlets); Common Nighthawk; Ruby-throated Hummingbird; Great Crested Flycatcher;
Eastern Kingbird (nesting); Tree, Northern Rough-winged, Barn and Cliff
Swallows; House Wren, Cedar Waxwings; Loggerhead Shrike; Cape May, Yellow and
Prothonotary Warblers; Common Yellowthroat; Rose-breasted and Blue Grosbeak;
Indigo
Bunting; Orchard and Baltimore Orioles; and more!

IN ADDITION, we will be serving a pork barbecue lunch at a great price!!!

We will assemble at the home of Susan Hubley on Sevier Lake in Rogersville.
There will be a set of wildlife viewing options, choose one or more when you
arrive:
1.  Relax on their porch and view wildlife on and around the lake and their
yard.
2.  Take a boat or kayak trip to investigate island birds and other wildlife.
3.  Drive to view an active bald eagle nest.
4.  Maximize your list by joining a birding group visiting Phipp's Bend or
other local
       "hot spot!"

John Moyle        Glen Alpine Road           Kingsport

Wondering
what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.