[Bristol-Birds] Lower Washington Co. birding

  • From: Glen Eller <gleneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:56:49 -0500 (EST)

This morning (Nov 11) I spent a little time birding the usual spots in the
Limestone & Bowmantown area.  Along the Kyker Road bottoms I found a small
flock of 8-10 Chipping Sparrows and a large flock of 25-30 Wild Turkeys, in
this flock of Turkeys was one all white bird which could fly with the rest of
the birds when they were spooked by a hunters gunshot off in the distance.  I
do not know whether it was an albino or a domesticated Turkey transitioning
back to the wild.

Along Keebler Road I found:
        1 Harrier
        3 Horned Larks
        2 Kestrels
        5 Savannah Sparrows

Jerry Bevins called me on my cell phone to report 5-7 Rusty Blackbirds in the
cattails at Meadowview Marsh (which is part of the KBT-Kingsport Birding
Trail).  By the time I got there a couple of hours later they were gone.

Glen Eller
Kingsport