[Bristol-Birds] Looking for solution: Cardinal attacking windows

  • From: "Carrie Lenburg" <clenburg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:33:39 -0500

3/27: Birders:
I have a problem bird and would welcome an solution that has worked for others.

Last year, and again this yr, I have a cardinal who perpetually attacks the
windows all around the house.... every day, beginning about daybreak, and
continues throughout the day. Last yr it was the male; this yr its the female.
I've tried all kinds of remedies and nothing works. Last yr the attacks lasted
from March thru Oct. She started attacking first wk of March.

Have tried: putting fake owl in bush by windows; hanging wind chimes outside
windows; closing blinds; using an emergency alarm that makes very penetrating
loud noise; knocking on windows at the times of attack; opening the windows,
closing the windows.... keeping bird feeders full; yelling and chasing... none
works for more a few minutes.

Any other ideas? Any explanation for this suicidal behavior?

Carrie B. Lenburg
clenburg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roan Mountain, TN
423-772-4280