[Bristol-Birds] Looking for Fish?

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:58:05 -0400

On Tuesday, April 21, I observed from the parking lot of Long John Silver's Restaurant in Elizabethton, TN an Osprey circling overhead. In addition, there was a Red-tailed Hawk also circling in the updraft. The two birds seemed respectful of each other.

I thought it was funny that the Osprey was directly above a fast-food fish place. Of course, the Watauga River is located very close by behind the restaurant.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN