[Bristol-Birds] Little blue heron(s?) (imm), etc at Phipps Bend (Hawkins Co, TN)

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:10:13 -0700 (PDT)

I got a good, long look at one immature little blue heron through my scope and
soon after flushed another small, white egret that had been hidden but did not
get a good look at the second bird before it flew out of sight.

  Phipps Bend (Hawkins Co, TN) 7/12/07 AM
  Species included:

  GBH (5-6)
  Great egret (2)
  Green heron
  Black-crowned night heron (1 adult and 1 imm)
  Little blue heron (imm) (1 or 2?)
  Solitary sandpiper
  Killdeer
  Belted kingfisher (2)
  Yellow warbler
  Yellow-billed cuckoo
  Willow flycatcher
  Blue-gray gnatcatcher
  Indigo bunting
  Field sparrow

  Also, 2 snapping turtles (XL) exposed in shallow pools.

  David Kirschke
  Johnson City, TN