[Bristol-Birds] Least Bittern at Rural Retreat Lake

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:02:25 -0400

 Rural Retreat Lake
 Wytheville, VA

 Had the first Least Bittern I've seen in the region in several years
 today while birding and butterflying at Rural Retreat Lake.  It took
 me with much surprise.

 A source near Rural Retreat Town Hall told me to have a
deposition taken on this record with the bird authority of
Wythe County.  That took me to the doorstep of former BBC
members Dick and Judy (Musick) Moose.  I found my way into
their absolutely beautiful neighborhood of lovely homes and quickly
searched them out.  She gladly too my sworn record and
reminded me that she had both the Sora and Virginia Rail at
that site early in the breeding season.  Oh well.....

Let's go birding . . . .

JPEG image