[Bristol-Birds] Laughing Gull along Netherland Inn Road

  • From: "Rick Phillips" <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:33:44 -0400

This morning (May 28) I saw a Laughing Gull sitting on a gravel bank in the S
Fork Holston river below the island where the Great Blue Heron nests are
located along Netherland Inn Road, Kingsport, Sullivan County, Tennessee.  The
bird sat and walked around for a few minutes then flew off down the river.  I
relocate the gull a few minutes later.  It was circling over Rotherwood Heights
across the river from the greenbelt terminus on the N. Fork Holston River side.
 This would now put the bird in Hawkins County, Tennessee.  There you go Don
Miller.  The bird continued circling and drifted off downriver towards the
confluence.

Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee