[Bristol-Birds] Late Report on July 18 Field Trip

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:27:33 EDT

I apologize for such a late report on the BBC Field Trip to Clingmans Dome
on Saturday, July 18.  We have had house guests Sunday through noon today.
However, the trip went well!  We had beautiful weather (in 50s near the top)
and a fine group of nine members.  Unfortuanately, the birds were few and
far between.  Thanks to Aubrey Abernathy's handy bird song player, we had
great looks at several secretive birds (Blue-headed Vireo, Northern Parula and
Black-throated Green Warbler).  The trip list included:  Wild Turkey,
Broad-winged Hawk (3, good looks), Killdeer, Mourning Dove, Common Nighthawk,
Chimney Swift, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Downy Woodpecker, Hairy Woodpecker,
Eastern Phoebe, Eastern Kingbird, Blue-headed Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, American
Crow, Common Raven (1), Barn Swallow, Carolina Wren, Winter Wren, American
Robin, European Starling, Cedar Waxwing, Northern Parula, Black-throated
Green Warbler, Eastern Towhee, Field Sparrow, Song Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco,
Northern Cardinal, Indigo Bunting, Pine Siskin.  See next posting for upcoming
trips as the southward migration is underway!
John Moyle        Glen Alpine Road               Kingsport/Sullivan County

What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy
dinner ideas for any occasion.
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000009)