[Bristol-Birds] Re: Kyles Ford Bald Eagles along the Clinch River Hawkins Co TN

  • From: Michael Sanders <hawk036@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hawk036@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:04:17 -0500

I received an email from Rose Lapp from Hawkins Co who said the nest was there
last week, after an email exchange with her I believe I didn’t look far enough
down stream to see the nest and simply overlooked it. Its been a couple of
years since I was there, thanks for the help Rose.

Mike Sanders
Bristol, VA

On Jan 29, 2014, at 4:48 PM, Michael Sanders <hawk036@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> After an appointment this afternoon I decided to drive to the Kyles Ford
> Eagle nest in Hawkins Co, TN. I didn't find the nest which is odd because, if
> my memory serves me well its very easy to spot right out in the open hanging
> over the clinch river in a sycamore, I am hoping I overlooked a 4 ft nest but
> I believe the nest came down, I have only visited once in the past so I could
> have missed it. I was able to locate the eagle pair 11.5 miles from their
> nesting site. I was glad to get to see them but I hope all is well and I just
> overlooked the nest. One was eating a frozen fish, at least thats what it
> looks like, which is good because the river is almost frozen over in spots.
> Pics Attached
>
> Mike Sanders
> Bristol, VA
>
> <Bald Eagle-2.jpeg><Bald Eagle.jpeg>

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsitep6&PHPSESSID²eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

and Northeast Tennessee.