[Bristol-Birds] Kingsport Stellars Jay - No success

  • From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:52:40 EDT

Colonial  Heights
Kingsport, TN
0830 - 0930HRS
Sam and I spent about an hour this morning at the residence of James and Lois
Bronson waiting for the reported Stellar's Jay to turn up with no luck.
Having shown the couple several field guide representations of Stellar's none
was
exactly right. Yet the Bronson's remain sure they did not mistake the ID for a
Blue Jay. They now have a camera on the ready and have promised to make
contact with me if the bird(s) return.
The Bronson's have created a wonderful bird sanctuary in their backyard
including a lush flower bed complete with bird bath and mister, hanging feed
stations and a suet feeder. Each was busy with hungry birds during our visit.
Mr.
And Mrs. Bronson were gracious hosts and I hope to hear from them soon.

'Til we bird again

Rack Cross
Blountville, TN

and Cumberland Nature Club.