[Bristol-Birds] Killdeer Hatchlings Photos

  • From: MAC942TBR@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:52:22 EDT

Spring is still here as many of you can attest  with the nests still active
and the hatching of the eggs.

On Thursday May 20th, at 11am I found 3 Killdeer  eggs at my work location
in the City of  Greeneville, TN.  Thinking one short of the usual four, but
at
6:30pm when I left I checked and indeed the  fourth had been laid.

Thus, the clock started and I am happy to report  God allowed me to witness
today, the birth of the 1st at 1:45pm and the  other 3 at 6pm (Mon 6.14.10).
She protected them in the downpour of rain, then  they baked a bit on those
rocks
in the 90deg heat.
The book states about 24 days to hatch, which was  a long wait.

Sharing a couple photos.

Nata Jackson
Greene County

ps  Watching the Wren nest at home, Orioles  still building and Cedar
Waxwings,
Robin nest at work and arrived home to find a nest in my Greeneville Sun
news box/species  unknown

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image