[Bristol-Birds] John Sevier Lake - Love is in the air!

  • From: "Susan Hubley" <shubley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 21:00:01 -0400

6/16/10 highlights

Black-crowned Night Heron - 3
Great Egret - 2
Wood Duck - 23+ (adults and juveniles)
Yellow-billed Cuckoo - 2
-I experienced one of those wonderful moments in nature from the back porch
tonight. A cuckoo pair copulated on a branch right near the dock (I had a front
row seat on the back porch). The male flew off and the female continued to
raise her tail. The male returned with a large insect, fed the female, and
copulated again. Both flew into the hedgerow bordering the field next to our
property. Perhaps we'll have more cuckoos here shortly!

Susan Hubley
Rogersville, Hawkins County