[Bristol-Birds] John Sevier Lake, Hawkins County

  • From: "Susan Hubley" <shubley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:59:44 -0400

We have been inundated the last few days with Red-winged Blackbirds, Starlings,
Robins, and Yellow-rumped Warblers.
Pied-billed Grebes, Wood Ducks, Canada Geese, American Coots, Mallards
Double-crested Cormorants, and Blue-winged Teals have been making daily
appearances.
A juvenile Green Heron seems to like feeding alongside our dock, and we can
stand approximately 20 feet away and he seems undisturbed.
Several Great Blue Herons (8-10) can be seen on the lake at any time, along
with a few noisy Belted Kingfishers.
Our first white-throated Sparrow made an appearance on 10/4.
We haven't seen an Osprey in 3-4 days.

Susan Hubley
Rogersville, Hawkins County

P.S. On another note, if you haven't been to Bull Island, SC, for a birding
trip, add it to your list. It's a must do for shorebirds and rails.