[Bristol-Birds] John Sevier Lake

  • From: Susan Hubley <shubley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 19:40:03 -0500

2/21/15
It's been a ducky day here, and a snowy one too! About 6" of new snow fell this
morning. Some highlights:
Bald Eagle - one adult on nest, and the mate perched nearby
                     Two subadults appeared hoping for a duck dinner but were
quickly
                      chased upriver by one adult
Canvasback - 24 (it's been a good week for Canvasback here on the lake)
Common Merganser - 18
Red-breasted Merganser - 4
Hooded Merganser - 2
Lesser Scaup - 5
Green-winged Teal - 30
Ring-necked Duck - 5
Northern Pintail - 6
American Wigeon - 2
Mallard - 80
American Pipit - 2
Wilson's Snipe - 1
Tree Swallow - 8

Late this afternoon, 27 Wild Turkey on Burem Road near Amis Mill.

Mike is wishing for Red-necked Grebes and all I want is a Fox Sparrow under my
feeders!

Susan Hubley
Rogersville, Hawkins County

Sent from my iPad

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsitep6&PHPSESSID²eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

This is a regional birding list to facilitate communications
between birders of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee.
       Wallace Coffey, Owner Moderator
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx