[Bristol-Birds] Re: Joachim Bible Refuge, Dec 8, 2012

  • From: Ben Britton <benbrdn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Bird Network <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 00:44:53 +0000

Greene Co.Dec. 9, 20121315-1345.
Sandhill Crane, Loggerhead Shrike, and Red-headed Woodpeckers.
I approached Joachim Bible refuge today from the West, I encountered a
"parliment" of Red-headed woodpeckers on Smelcer Rd., a lone Sandhill Crane
standing in a field North of the Smelcer/ Glades Rd. intersection, and a
Loggerhead Shrike at the Sapp Rd. / Glades Rd. intersection.  I observed 2
Northern Harriers, red-tailed hawk, and two Phoebe's near the refuge also.
Ben BrittonMorristown, TNHamblen Co.

Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 18:54:52 -0800
From: dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Bristol-Birds] Joachim Bible Refuge, Dec 8, 2012
To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stopped at the Bible Refuge on the way home from the Rankin Bottoms river
cleanup and found a Sandhill Crane and 2 Loggerhead Shrikes.  Stayed until dusk
to look for Short-eared Owl but no luck.  Thanks to Mike and Leslie for
organizing the river cleanup.