[Bristol-Birds] Jan 17 Trip to Hiwassee

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 18:22:46 EST

Only three BBC members (Sybil Williams, Roy Knispel and John Moyle) braved
the cold to go to Hiwassee on Saturday, January 17.  Thirty-six speceies were
recorded between  10:30 a.m. (when we arrived) and when we departed for NE TN
at
2:00 p.m.  They included one Snow Goose, many Canada Geese, American Black
Duck, Mallard (many), Northern Pintail (one pair), Bufflehead (4), Great Blue
Heron (15), Black Vulture (7), Turkey Vulture (3), Bald Eagle (two courting +
one), Red-tailed Hawk, American Kestrel, Sandhill Cranes (200+), Killdeer (3),
Bonaparte's Gull (many including close looks at adults and first year birds),
Ring-billed Gulls (many), Rock Pigeon, Mourning Dove, Downy Woodpecker, Blue
Jay, American Crow, Carolina Chickadee, Tufted Titmouse, Carolina Wren,
Golden-crowned Kinglet, American (50 +), Northern Mockingbird, European
Starling,
Cedar Waxwing (approx. 20), Eastern Towhee, Field Sparrow, Song Sparrow,
White-throated Sparrow, Northern Cardinal, House Sparrow.

John Moyle        Glen Alpine Road           Kingsport/Sullivan County

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://
www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=Decemailf
ooterNO62)