[Bristol-Birds] Re: Is eastern Sullivan County an overlap zone for Southern and Northern Fox Squirrels ?

  • From: Anita Huffman <housewren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 07:38:45 -0400

Very interesting! We have Gray Squirrels on the western side of our property and Red Squirrels on the eastern side. We see Fox Squirrels occasionally too and they seem to come from the western side. They are brown/tan with the distinct white nose but I did see a black one near the entrance of Grayson Highlands St Park last summer. We've also seen the brown/tan ones farther up our road toward Hwy 58.

Anita Huffman
Rugby, Va
Grayson County

--
The perfect perennial at affordable prices!
www.laurelhillnursery.com

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsite=706&PHPSESSID=b2eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

This is a regional birding list to facilitate communications between birders of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee. --------------------------------------------------

      Wallace Coffey, Owner Moderator
        jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx