[Bristol-Birds] Important BBC Xmas Party Info

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 18:04:45 -0500

Hi Area Birders:     minstrel - A la Venue de Noel
s:Carol of the Birds) minstrel - A la Venue de Noel
(Was re:Carol of the Birds)
  Every year BBC party goers who are not familiar with our good time gatherings
have a few questions about the big  Christmas party the Bristol Bird Club hosts
for regional birders.   Here are some details ....
What do I wear ?

        The BBC Christmas party gang gets into it.  Dress is optional casual
from jeans to sport coats or whatever festive Christmas fashions you enjoy.
Just make sure you attend and wear clothing ;-)

We enjoy every casual concept and we enjoy the simple beauty of our friendships.

  Even old Santa dresses for the big party.  So don't be afraid to show the
good time birders your favorite Christmas tie, shirt, sweater or bells around
you neck.
  Most of all.  Just enjoy being yourself.

  WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING:

    a.. bring a tremendous Christmas spirit.
    b.. bring your family, friends, neighbors, and all the kids you can load up.
    c.. bring your best holiday food.  This is Christmas dinner with the BBC.
This is not a token finger food offering.
    d.. bring a cheap, serious or fun gift for Santa's bag -- say $2, $3, $4
-- you got it.  Wrap it or slip it in a bag.

  Remember the children.  If you have a gifts for the little ones with you or
any other child....include those special little things they always love.  This
is easy.  We were all kids once upon a time ;-)

  EVERYONE LOVES SANTA'S GIFTS

  SO WHEN DOES THE PARTY START AND WHEN IS IT OVER?
  (otherwise should I be fashionably late and when do we wear out our welcome ?)

  The partys starts at 6 p.m.  Everyone should arrive as promptly as possible.
We put the food on the table just as soon as it comes in the door and we like
to eat as soon as possible.  If you are fashionably late, you will probably not
get much to eat because we just love all the good food and we eat until we pop !

  Our home host, Mike Poe, says:  "you all can go home whenver you want."

  Obviously we don't stay all night or sleep over.  The formal part is over by
11 p.m. -- formal means dinner, Birders of the Year Award, club awards, best
birds of the year recognition for the region, singing, Santa visit and whatever
else moves the party goers -- including cleaning up our celebration.

  Please come and join in this long, exciting and delightful annual fun
celebration of Christmas with the Bristol Bird Club and our friends everywhere.

  Bring your Christmas spirit.

  Merry Christmas.......

  Wallace Coffey
  BBC