[Bristol-Birds] Hummingbird at Finch Feeder

  • From: Bill Grigsby <wgrigs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds List <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 17:10:58 -0400

I have had a house finch (or more) who have taken to the nectar feeder. They have figured out that if they perch, the feeder tips and they can get the sweet syrup. I thought that it had become exclusively a finch feeder, but this afternoon, a female Ruby-throated Hummingbirds stopped for a sip.

Bill Grigsby
Kingsport, TN