[Bristol-Birds] Hooded Warbler, Hampton, TN

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 08:14:54 -0400 (EDT)

At about 7:50 a.m. this morning (April 7) I had a Hooded Warbler singing from
the rhododendron thickets behind the house.

We had a heavy frost last night. The water in the hummingbird feeders even got
slushy, so it must have gotten cold.

I can tell that some plants have been damaged, but I am not sure how
extensively.

Yesterday, I also had some first of spring sightings with Ruby-crowned Kinglet,
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Broad-winged Hawk and two Black Vultures.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN