[Bristol-Birds] Holiday Greetings from the Lab of Ornithology

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:02:41 -0500

Birders

Here is some more information on the Ivory-Bill WoodPecker in Ark. from the Lab
of Ornithology. Enjoy

Shane Adams
East of Hamblen County
Morristown, TN. 37813

Greetings Lab members and friends,

We hope that all your holiday plans are coming together nicely and that your
celebrations will be both restful and enjoyable.

Ivory-bill Bulletin

The Lab's Conservation Science director, Ken Rosenberg, will be a guest on
NPR's "Science Friday" tomorrow, Friday, December 23, from 2:00 to 3:00 P.M.
Geoff LeBaron from Audubon will also be on the air to talk about the Christmas
Bird Count and how the ivory-bill will be added back to the list for the first
time in many decades. Listen in!

Also, more than a dozen journalists gathered in Brinkley, Arkansas, on December
12 to head out into the bayous with some of our search team members. They all
got a chance to see first-hand what it's like to be searching for that "flying
needle in a haystack." Some of those stories have been turning up in the past
week in the Houston Chronicle, Washington Post, Reuters news service, an
Associated Press article that ran in numerous newspapers and on web sites, the
Cornell Chronicle, and many other outlets.

A New Shade-Grown Coffee: the Ivory-bill Blend

A new Ivory-billed Woodpecker blend of coffee is now available, with a portion
of the proceeds coming back to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology for use in the
Ivory-billed Woodpecker Research Project. The coffee is produced by the
Thanksgiving Coffee Company as part of the American Birding Association's Song
Bird Coffee line. These shade-grown coffees preserve the forest habitats needed
by Neotropical migrants and other birds. The ivory-bill blend comes in decaf,
light roast, and dark roast. To order, visit the ABA sales web site or call
(800) 634-7736. You can also get the coffee through the Wild Birds Unlimited
stores. To order from Wild Birds Unlimited at Sapsucker Woods call toll-free
(877) 266-4928.

Again, best wishes for a wonderful holiday and many thanks for your support and
encouragement in a very eventful year. We're expecting a great 2006 and we'll
keep you posted on all the latest news!

Your friends at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology