[Bristol-Birds] Hidden Valley Lake, Pinnacle NAP Scarlet Tanager, Warblers

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:41:29 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday, 4-23-2009, Laverne and I spent the morning at Hidden Valley Lake. It
was a beautiful day to be out birding. The migrants seem to be a little later
this year. We did not find Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Wood Thrush or Veery. We did
find Ovenbird, Black and White Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler,
Black-throated Green Warbler, Hooded Warbler, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher,
Blue-headed Vireo, and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. We heard a Scarlet Tanager. In
the afternoon I went to the Pinnacle Natural Area Preserve. I found a Scarlet
Tanager, Osprey, Red-tailed Hawk and I also found a Great Blue Heron nest with
a heron sitting on the nest. I also saw a Common Raven fly to what I think is a
nest but it was along distance and I did not have my scope.
I have photos on Pbase of some of the birds seen.

http://www.pbase.com/opiehunter/hidden_valley&page=1

Tom

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club