[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Field Trip and March meeting

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 21:09:01 -0500

At the February meeting, we set a field trip to Kingsport birding areas for Saturday, February 20. Meet at the Ft. Patrick Henry Dam parking lot above the Dam at 8:00 a.m. We will bird below the Dam, along the TVA trail downstream from the dam starting at the parking lot at the end of Wesley Rd., and spots along the Kingsport Greenbelt. For those who wish to stay for lunch, we will likely eat at the Riverfront Seafood Company on Netherland Inn Rd.

The Club will have its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, March 1, at 7 p.m. in the Science Building at Milligan College. To get there, come up the entry road into Milligan College, turn right just past the Gregory Center (on the right) into the parking lot. The Science Building is straight ahead as you come into the parking lot. The meeting will be in a room on the right just as you enter the Science Building.

Agenda items include report on the cooperation with the Carter County and Elizabethton Parks Boards to promote birding in Carter County, additional consideration of By-Laws, field trip report and planning, and discussion of the club banquet and picnic.

The program will be a presentation by club member Chris Soto on Fauna Photographed on her Sabbatical to Costa Rica

Prior to the meeting, those interested will meet for dinner and socializing at 5:30 p.m. at the Smokehouse BBQ on Hwy 359 Milligan Hwy. Going from Johnson City or from Elizabethton on U. S. Hwy 321, turn off (north) on Hwy 359, go left under Hwy 321 and follow Hwy 359--the Smokehouse BBQ will be on your right almost immediately.

ALL ARE INVITED to the FIELD TRIP , to the MEETING, AND TO the Smokehouse BBQ for dinner before the meeting. If you have questions, please feel free to send me email or call me.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Lee and Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone:   423-202-7802
Cell:      920-203-0332

p.s. This weekend, February 12-15 (Friday through Monday) is the world-wide Great Backyard Bird Count. Where ever you are, and whenever you have time, count the birds around where you are and report them for inclusion in the count. To see how to observe and report, go to the web to

gbbc.birdcount.org and click on the line Find out how to get started >>

begin:vcard
fn:Roy Knispel
n:Knispel;Roy
tel;home:423-202-7802