[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Field Trip Saturday, November 19

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:22:46 -0500

The Herndon Bird Club will have a field trip to Sullivan County water areas
this Saturday, November 19.  Meet at the Weir Dam on the South Holston River at
8 a.m.  Bring water, snacks, and a scope if you have one.  We will bird Osceola
Island and the Weir Dam area, South Holston Lake above the dam and at Musick's
Campground, and possibly other areas such as Paddle Creek and Middlebrook Lake.
 We will have lunch at an area restaurant, to be decided during the trip.

The weather prediction now for Saturday is that we will have mostly sunny
weather with a high of 59F.  Bring warm clothing in case of wind near the
lakes.  After the great waterfowl fallout today, anticipation is high--we can
only hope that not all the birds leave and that maybe others come in as well.

Please call or send email if you have questions.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City
Phone    423-202-7802
Cell:       920-103-0332