[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Field Trip Saturday, Feb. 22

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:28:28 -0500

The Herndon Bird Club will have a field trip to waterfowl areas in Sullivan
County on Saturday, Feb. 22.  The current plan is to meet at the Weir Dam on
the S. Holston River at 7:30 a.m. We will bird the Weir Dam area and Osceola
Island, then check other areas such as the S. Holston Dam Overlook, Musick's
Campground and Middlebrook Lake.  We'll have lunch at a restaurant in the
area--likely Little Italy on Hwy 421--and continue birding for a while after
lunch.  Watch for a confirmation on the details of this trip later next
week--if there is an influx of interesting water fowl to other areas, some
details of the trip may be changed to take advantage of such a situation.

The next regular club meeting is Tuesday, March 4, at 7:00 p.m. in the Science
Building at Milligan College.  Come up the entry road into the College, turn
right just past the Gregory Center (on the right) into the parking lot.  The
Science Building is straight ahead as you come into the parking lot.  The
meeting will be in a room on the right just as you enter the Science Building.

Club members Rick Knight and Jacki Hinshaw will present a travelogue on their
birding trip to Michigan late last May.

Prior to the meeting, interested attendees will meet for dinner and socializing
at 5:30 p.m. at ARBY's on South Roan in Johnson City--across from the ONE STOP
store.

 ALL ARE INVITED to the MEETING AND TO ARBY'S for dinner beforehand.  If you
have questions on club activities or the meeting, please feel free to call me
or send me email.  Thank you.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone:  423-202-7802