[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Field Trip Sat. Feb. 18

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 22:10:53 -0500

The Herndon Bird Club's field trip to Western Washington County will be this
Saturday, February 18.  Meet at 7:30 a.m. at the parking lot at Ingles Grocery
in Jonesborough (west side).  We will check ponds, brushy areas and fields in
the Bowmantown and Limestone areas.  Target birds include Loggerhead Shrike,
Red-headed Woodpecker, Northern Harrier, and Horned Lark.  We will return to
the Mountain View Restaurant on Hwy 11E for lunch.  As of now, the weather
prediction for Saturday morning is 10 to 20% chance of precipitation--partly
cloudy with the temperature rising from 37f at 7 a.m. to the low 50s by 2 p.m.

If you have any questions about the field trip, please feel free to call me or
send email.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone:  423-202-7802