[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Field Trip, Meeting

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:05:11 -0500

The Herndon Bird Club will have a field trip to Greene County and western
Washington County on Saturday, January 22
Meet at the Ingle's Grocery Parking Lot on 11E west of Jonesborough at 8:30
a.m. on Saturday.  We will go to Greene county spots including the Wal-Mart
Distribution Ponds and work our way back to spots in western Washington County.
 Bring water and snacks waterproof footware suitable for wet grass, and clothes
appropriate for the weather--we will have lunch at a restaurant to be decided
by where we are at the time.  Target birds include waterfowl, N. Harrier, and
open field birds such as Horned Larks and American Pipit.

       The regular meeting of the Herndon Club will be Tuesday evening,
February 1, at 7:00 p.m. in the Science Building (usual location) at Milligan
College.
The presentation will be on the club field trip to Southeastern Arizona May
15-23, 2010.  The presentation will be led by Joe McGuiness, Kim Stroud, and
Mary Anna Wheat.
        Some club members will meet at Bellicino's in Johnson City at 5:30 p.m.
for dinner and socializing before the meeting.  Bellicino's is on South Roan in
the Food City parking lot.
     All are invited to the meeting and to Bellicino's to eat before the
meeting.

Roy Knispel, Pres
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone:  423-202-7802