[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Annual Banquet

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:43:00 -0400

The Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter of TOS will have our annual banquet on Friday
evening, April 9, at Johnny Lynch's Farmhouse Gallery and Gardens at 121
Covered Bridge Road in Unicoi.

Plan to arrive about 6 p.m. and enjoy the gardens area.  Dinner will be served
at 7 p.m.  The menu is Chicken Plate and Roll, Cole Slaw, Green Beans and
Brownie for desert.  Drinks will be coffee, tea and water.  The price is $15
per person.  If you prefer a vegetarian meal, a Baked Potato may be substituted
for the Chicken.

Please send your reservations and check of $15 per meal to our treasurer, Gil
Derouen:

Mr. Gil Derouen                    Phone:  423-283-7767
2702 Avondale Drive
Johnson City, TN  37604

Make the check out to   TOS  and indicate how many (if any) of the meals you
are reserving opt for the baked potato substitution.  Please send your check
for the banquet to Gil by April 1.  (I'll have to call Pat Lynch with the
number of meals after our Tuesday meeting on April 6 with the number of guests
attending, so it will be possible to bring your check or pay Gil at that time,
but that is the absolute latest date for receiving payment).

Be prepared for cool weather by bringing a jacket or warm sweater.

The banquet speaker is Scott Somershoe, of the Tennessee Wildlife Resources
Agency (TWRA) Watchable Wildlife Branch.
Scott's  presentation title is "Tennessee's Watchable Wildlife, the website,
and the future of birding in Tennessee"
His presentation will include a discussion of the watchable wildlife endowment
fund, projects they have done, the new Watchable Wildlife Website, and where he
wants to go with birding in TN.

Everyone is invited to the banquet and presentation.  If you have questions,
please send me email or call me.  Thank you.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter of TOS
Phone:  423-202-7802