[Bristol-Birds] Hawks, Butterflies Etc

  • From: mac942tbr@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 15:38:47 -0400 (EDT)

Double-Blessed today as I drove through my land, and first spotted this
beautiful Kestrel Hawk.
The adult pair were seen in flight.  Not far further down, a Red-tailed Hawk on
the ground and
the mate in a nearby tree.  Day and evening we've seen both pairs, but no nest
found yet.
Down by the creek on a branch, another favorite - the Belted Kingfisher.
Nice Green Heron at Pigeon Creek.
Downy woodpecker is back with the Red-bellied.  Hummingbirds pretty steady, but
only RT.

Butterflies and Clear-Wings galore.  A long-tailed skipper at my house now and
saw my first robber fly.
Down on Susong on the Zinnia's 1-4 long-tailed.  I did a google search and
printed the Greene County
listing of butterflies, and this one not on it, so we need to record now
Jean/Don.

Rain just started - beautiful day in Greeneville, TN.

Nata Jackson
God is good to me
Psalm 46:10